Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Thinking through Mahabharta

1. My reaction to Arjuna is that he is very skillful. Drona test his students skill in archery by building a small bird and putting it in a tree where it is almost impossible to see the bird. Arjuna shows he is the best student by striking the bird dead in the head. Drona rewards Arjuna by giving him a weapon.

2. I think that out of all of Arjuna's qualities the most admired in ancient egypt were his skills.

3. My opinion onf Drona as a teacher is that he is a wise and knowing man.

4. Indian parents may still tell this story to their children probably to show them how to try and be the best. It shows them how to honor and trust people.

5. No Drona does not remind me of any other figure from literature. Drona is wise and has special ways to bring out the best of the person.

6. Based on my experience, I think that the lesson bravery is true in this story because it shows how he killed the crocodile and saved Drona.

No comments: